The Geriatric-Competent Care Webinar series, developed in collaboration with The Lewin Group and hosted by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Medicare-Medicaid Coordination Office, is designed to help health professionals in all settings and disciplines expand their knowledge and skills in the unique aspects of caring for older adults and in working with their caregivers. The webinars are also intended for frontline community partners and delivery staff such as care managers, member service representatives, and home care providers.
Each webinar includes subject matter experts who introduce the specific topic and provide examples of how the issue has been addressed. Each webinar includes a Q&A period, practical discussion, and dialogue between participants and experts. Please email RIC@lewin.com with inquiries and comments.
1. Safe and Effective Use of Medications in Older Adults
Live Webinar Air Date: April 18, 2018
2. Supporting Older Adults with Substance Use Disorders
Live Webinar Air Date: May 16, 2018
3. Promising Practices for Meeting the Behavioral Health Needs of Dually Eligible Older Adults
Live Webinar Air Date: August 2, 2018
4. Person-Centered Approaches To Support People Dually Eligible For Medicare And Medicaid
Live Webinar Air Date: September 6, 2018
5. Promising Practices for Meeting the Needs of Dually Eligible Older Adults with Schizophrenia
Live Webinar Air Date: November 6, 2018
6. Palliative Care for Older Adults Dually Eligible for Medicare and Medicaid
Live Webinar Date: December 5, 2018