You can view the webinar recording below. Supporting documents such as webinar slides, transcript, speaker bios, and additional resources are available to download by scrolling to the attachments section below.
This is the fourth webinar in Webinar Series #1, “Leading Healthcare Practices and Training: Defining and Delivering Disability-Competent Care”.
This is the fourth webinar in Webinar Series #1, “Leading Healthcare Practices and Training: Defining and Delivering Disability-Competent Care.” The objective of this webinar is to introduce the care management relationship aspect of the Disability-Competent Care model, including:
- Exploring the current barriers to obtaining primary care,
- Redesigning primary care delivery to serve adults with disabilities,
- Exploring primary care as part of an interdisciplinary care team,
- Focusing on the prevention of avoidable hospitalizations and episodes of illness,
- Understanding the leading practices for managing common secondary complications of living with disability.
Presenters included Lynn Morishita, June Kailes, Mary Glover and Christopher Duff.