You can view the webinar recording below. Supporting documents such as webinar slides, transcript, and additional resources are available to download by scrolling to the attachments section below.
This webinar explores redesigning primary care delivery to serve adults with disability, and the concept of highly responsive primary care as part of an interdisciplinary care team. The presenters introduce and discuss models for disability competent primary care delivery. This webinar concludes with an open question-and-answer period.
- Chris Duff, Disability Practice and Policy Consultant
- Adam Burrows, MD, Medical Director, Upham’s Corner PACE; Senior Medical Director, Commonwealth Care Alliance SCO
- June Isaacson Kailes, Disability Policy Consultant; Associate Director, Center for Disability and Health Policy at Western University of Health Sciences, California
Additional resources related to the webinar topic are included below:
- Healthcare for Adults with ID/DD – A Toolkit for Primary Care Providers https://www.aucd.org/template/news.cfm?news_id=13634&parent=1014&parent_title=Mental%20Health%20Aspects%20of%20I/DD&url=/template/page.cfm?id%3D1014
- Physician Experiences Providing Primary Care for Persons with Disabilities; 2008, Longwood Publishing http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2645198/
- Access and Quality of Primary Care for People with Disabilities: A Comparison of Practice Factors; Journal of Disability Studies; 21 (3) 131-140 http://dps.sagepub.com/content/21/3/131.full.pdf+html
- 2013 Webinar 4, Providing Disability-Competent Primary Care https://www.resourcesforintegratedcare.com/Physical_Disabilities/Care_Management/Webinar/Providing_Disability_Competent_Primary_Care/webinar4