Telebehavioral health is known by many names – telepsychiatry, telemedicine, telemental health, e-care, telecare. By any name, the use of technology to expand your capacity to offer mental health and substance use disorder services is a key component in ensuring underserved communities have access to these critical services.
Implementing telebehavioral health has the potential to connect individuals to behavioral health services in a way that is convenient, efficient and secure. But how do you make the most of telebehavioral health for integrated primary and behavioral health care and how can you implement technology in a way that eases, not adds to, staff workload? Join this interactive webinar to ask subject matter experts about the key elements of successful telebehavioral implementation and learn about practical tools for how to build capacity for telebehavioral health in integrated primary and behavioral health care settings. Get a brief overview of the basics of telebehavioral health and then dive into discussion on topics such as: how telehealth technology impacts staff and specific roles or responsibilities (on-site and distance-based staff), how to sustainably finance telehealth technology, implications for practicing across state lines, considerations for developing operational and procedural manuals, specific components of telehealth for mental health and substance use disorder treatment programs.
In this webinar, participants will gain:
- Identify the potential outcomes and benefits associated with telehealth.
- Recognize the key elements necessary to implement effective and innovative telehealth strategies to address the needs of individuals living with mental illness and substance use disorders.
- Understand specific steps necessary to implement telebehavioral health in primary care practice settings (organizational buy-in, workflow redesign, workforce development).
- Identify practical approaches to sustain implementation of tele-behavioral health, including effective problem identification and problem solving.
- Obtain practical resources to help provider organizations build telebehavioral health treatment capacity.
Registration Link: https://goto.webcasts.com/starthere.jsp?ei=1145882
- Natassja Manzanero, MS, HRSA, Federal Office of Rural Health Policy, Office for the Advancement of Telehealth, Telehealth Resource Centers Program Coordinator
- Jonathan Neufeld, PhD, HSPP, Upper Midwest Telehealth Resource Center, Clinical Director
- Jay Ostrowski, MA, LPC/S, NCC, DCC, ACS, President of Behavioral Health Innovation
- Jay Shore, MD, Associate Medical Director, Colorado Physicians Health Program