The 2018 DCC Webinar Series is intended to aid providers and health care professionals in improving the delivery of care to persons with disabilities. Individuals with disabilities enrolled in both Medicare and Medicaid are at higher risk for poor health outcomes when compared to individuals without disabilities. This seven-part series explores key concepts of the Disability-Competent Care (DCC) model and how organizations can best implement these concepts to empower providers and participants with disabilities to best meet their care needs.
 Office of the Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation. (2016). Report to Congress: Social Risk Factors and Performance under Medicare’s Value Based Purchasing Programs. Pages 177 –221.
1. Improving Accessibility in Provider Settings
Live Webinar Air Date: February 21, 2018, 2:00 – 3:00 PM EST
2. Serving Adults with Disabilities on the Autism Spectrum
Live Webinar Air Date:February 28, 2018, 2:00 – 3:00 PM EST
3. Palliative and Hospice Care for Persons with Disabilities
Live Webinar Air Date: March 7, 2018 2-3 PM EST
4. Supporting Participants with Complex Behavioral Health Needs
Live Webinar Air Date: March 14, 2018, 2:00 – 3:00 PM EDT
5. Interdisciplinary Team Building, Management, and Communication
Live Webinar Air Date: March 21, 2018, 2:00 – 3:00 PM EDT
6. Managing Transitions with Adults with Disabilities
Live Webinar Air Date: March 28, 2018, 2:00 – 3:00 PM EDT
7. Building Partnerships: Health Plans and Community-based Organizations
Live Webinar Air Date: April 4, 2018, 2:00 – 3:00 PM EDT