You can view the webinar recording below. Supporting documents such as webinar slides, transcript, speaker bios, and additional resources are available to download by scrolling to the attachments section below.
This is Module 2 of 3 in the Pharmacology and Developmental Disabilities webinar series, part of the Professional Development Webinars focused on individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD). This module addresses information related to intake and assessment, communication with recipients and caregivers, explanations for behavior changes, and pharmacology options (including strategies for monitoring the effectiveness or ineffectiveness of medications). It also covers the clinical presentation of multiple medications and developmental disabilities. The links on the right will allow you to access all other intellectual and developmental disabilities professional development courses offered through this collaboration.
By the conclusion of this session, participants will be able to:
- Recognize various presentations of developmental disabilities
- Describe assessment strategies and tools for those with developmental disabilities
- Effectively conduct a behavioral assessment of your recipients
- Identify the typical medications used with this population
- Generate a plan for monitoring effectiveness of medications
- Systematically assess the value of pharmacological clinical interventions for your recipients
- Create an organized response to overcome communication barriers and resistance to treatment
The following resources have been included here for your convenience: