You can view the webinar recording below. Supporting documents such as webinar slides, transcript, and resources are available to download by scrolling to the attachments section below.
In 2019, Resources for Integrated Care (RIC) hosted a webinar series on engaging members in plan governance, recruiting and supporting members to participate in consumer advisory councils and other governance structures, and gathering and using member feedback. RIC subsequently launched the Integrated Care Community of Practice (ICCoP), a learning community of health plans seeking to incorporate meaningful member feedback into their organizational governance structures. Due to continued interest in this topic within the context of the COVID-19 public health emergency, RIC invites you to view this panel discussion offering additional strategies for engaging members in plan governance during COVID-19.
Health plans are facing additional challenges to effective member engagement in plan governance due to the COVID-19 public health emergency, and its associated physical distancing protocols. However, the current environment also presents opportunities to re-examine meeting structures, implement creative engagement strategies, and recruit new members. Over the past five months, ICCoP participants shared challenges and promising practices for engaging members in plan governance.
This panel discussion offers promising practices that emerged from the ICCoP and elsewhere for staying connected to member advisors and supporting their continued involvement during COVID-19. By the end of this discussion, attendees should be able to:
- Identify strategies:
- for engaging member advisors using phone or videoconference;
- for overcoming the “digital divide” for member advisors who either lack the necessary technology to participate or who are unfamiliar with how to use it
- Access specific tools to use in supporting member engagement in plan governance
- Robyn Rohr, Senior Consumer Insight Manager, CareSource
- Natalie Wang, Project Manager, SCAN Health Plan
- Monica Gossett, Community Outreach Manager, UCare
- Mary Harmon, Member Advisory Committee Member, CareSource
This panel discussion is intended for staff of Medicare-Medicaid plans, dual eligible special needs plans, and Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly organizations who are interested in engaging members in plan governance through consumer advisory committees or other strategies.