Supporting documents such as webinar slides, transcript, and additional resources are available to download by scrolling to the attachments section below.
This webinar focuses on the first-hand experience of living with a disability and the importance of establishing a relationship with the participant. During this presentation, webinar viewers will learn about assessing the needs of a participant, developing a plan of care to address those needs, implementing the plan, and revising the plan as needed. This webinar also focuses on strategies used to gather support across the care team and other care partners to support the needs of participants.
Webinar Presenter: Chris Duff, Disability Practice and Policy Consultant
1. Understanding the participants experience of their disability
- Have the individual describe themselves and their life as a means to building trust
2. Understanding the care planning process
- Importance of establishing a relationship with the participant through effective communication
- Develop a plan to address participant’s needs and wants
- Ask what is important to them, what they need and want, and together develop a plan to achieve it
3. Leverage support
- Leverage a participant’s care partners and the interdisciplinary team to address the participant’s needs