You can view the webinar recording below. Supporting documents such as webinar slides, transcript, speaker bios, and additional resources are available to download by scrolling to the attachments section below.
Part 1, Module 3: Pain Management:
Part 2, Module 3: Pain Management:
This is Module 3 of 3 within the Pain in People with Developmental Disabilities webinar series, part of the Professional Development Webinars focused on individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD). This webinar addresses general principles of pain and its individual variables; how medications sensitize people with developmental disabilities to pain; changes in pain management medications; varieties of chronic pain syndrome. It is intended to benefit nurses, social workers, counselors, and other healthcare professionals who have contact with individuals with developmental disabilities. The links on the right will allow you to access all other intellectual and developmental disabilities professional development courses being offered through this collaboration.
Participants in this program will:
- Provide four examples of pain management interventions.
- Identify two ways in which pain sensations can be managed with this population.
- Compare and contrast the interventions and their rationales for pain management with those who have developmental disabilities.
- Generate strategies for pain management with co‐existing developmental disabilities and psychiatric symptoms.
- Be able to explain how the skills discussed in Part III will be effectively documented in the medical record.
The following resources have been included here for your convenience: