The focus of this webinar is to engage agencies and clinics to use National Standards for Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services (CLAS) to improve engagement and care of opioid use disorder patients.
- Provide an overview of the National Standards for Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services in Health and Health Care (National CLAS Standards)
- Describe how to use the National CLAS Standards to improve engagement in and quality of Opioid Use Disorder (OUD) treatment
- Discuss culturally and linguistically appropriate OUD treatment approaches/strategies
- Assess resources and opportunities for supporting culturally and linguistically appropriate OUD treatment
- Felicia Collins, MD, MPH, CAPT, Commissioned Corps, US Public Health Service, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Minority Health Director, Office of Minority Health, U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
- Michelle Peavey, PhD, MAC, CDP, Research and Training Manager, Evergreen Treatment Services
- Danica Brown, PhD, MSW, Behavioral Health Manager, Northwest Portland Area and Indian Health Board
- Pierluigi Mancini PhD, President, Multicultural Development Institute, Inc.
Juliet Bui, MPA, MSW, Public Health Analyst, Office of Minority Health, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services