Hosted by the National Council on Aging (NCOA), this webinar will explore loneliness and social isolation and their impacts on older adults. Presenters will also address risk factors that contribute to social isolation and loneliness, the costs of social isolation, and share resources, innovations, and tips.
- Understand loneliness and social isolation risk factors at both the community and individual level
- Better understand the costs of social isolation and recommendations from the consensus study by the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine
- Learn practical tips on what you can do to help yourself, your loved ones, or other older adults in your community
- Learn about AARP Foundation’s Connect2Affect platform and resources
- Better understand new innovations and solutions that are having measurable impact on increasing social connections – particularly among low income older adults
- Learn about the Commit to Connect initiative and how to become involved in the nationwide network of champions addressing social isolation
- Emily Allen, Senior Vice President, Programs, AARP Foundation