Supporting documents such as webinar slides, transcript, and additional resources are available to download by scrolling to the attachments section below.
This webinar explores the role that community supports afford participants to function and integrate in their homes and communities. This webinar also explores the range of LTSS options that may be available. Webinar viewers will learn more about the importance of mobility and home modification assessments and the exploration of community services such as recreation and religious centers and health clubs.
- Karen Luken, MSRA, Project Director of the North Carolina Office on Disability and Health (NCODH)
- Chris Duff, Disability Practice and Policy Consultant
- Understand the role of long-term services and supports (LTSS) to support participants with disability to integrate and function in the community as they choose
- Understand the range of community supports and living settings used by persons with disability; Understand the self-directed and agency modes of home-based supports
- Providing participant options for their services and living settings, along with assistance to evaluate the opportunities and limitations of each
- Understand the importance of mobility and home modification assessments and the provision of required equipment
- Learn about community service options that may be low-fee or no-fee such as community education or recreation centers, health clubs, church activities, etc.