You can view the webinar recording below. Supporting documents such as webinar slides, transcript, speaker bios, and additional resources are available to download by scrolling to the attachments section below.
Many providers serving dually eligible individuals face challenges engaging individuals living with mental illness or substance use disorders. Health plans and health care providers must develop innovative approaches to locate these individuals and connect them to the primary and behavioral health care, social services, and long-term services and supports that they may need.
This webinar is intended for staff of Medicare and Medicaid plans and Dual Eligible Special Needs Plans, providers serving individuals with mental health conditions or substance abuse disorders in health plans, and other stakeholders. The webinar presents several successful strategies employed by Medicare and Medicaid plans and others to engage this population. Attendees learn about partnering with community-based organizations, the use of community outreach staff, and the development of new treatment settings.
- Rosa Palacios (Moderator), Consumer Engagement Advisor, Center for Consumer Engagement in Health Innovation, Community Catalyst
- Dr. Barbara Herbert, Medical Director of Addiction Services at Commonwealth Care Alliance
- John Lovelace, President of UPMC for You
- William Nice, MSW, Intervention Specialist at Camden Coalition of Healthcare Providers
- Amy Joiner, Director of Outpatient Services, Trilogy, Inc.