You can view the webinar recording below. Supporting documents such as webinar slides and transcript are available to download by scrolling to the attachments section below.
This webinar is also available as a podcast on SoundCloud and iTunes.
Individuals dually eligible for Medicare and Medicaid are at higher risk for severe COVID-19 infection, and are hospitalized with COVID-19 at a rate three times higher than Medicare-only beneficiaries. As COVID-19 vaccines become more readily available to beneficiaries, it’s critical that high risk individuals are provided equitable access to the vaccine.
Health plans play a key role in promoting equitable access to and educating members on the importance of COVID-19 vaccines. This webinar shares strategies for how health plans can leverage benefits (e.g., transportation services), care coordination resources, and community-based partnerships to support members’ access to vaccinations; use data to identify and target outreach to the most vulnerable members; and utilize effective and culturally competent communication and outreach strategies to address vaccine hesitancy. By the end of this webinar, participants should be able to:
- Identify strategies to promote equitable access to COVID-19 vaccines, including effective collaborations with community partners
- Describe how to use data to identify high-risk members and target outreach to encourage uptake of the COVID-19 vaccine
- Identify key considerations for effective communication and outreach strategies to increase vaccine confidence
- Marvin Figueroa, Director, Office of Intergovernmental and External Affairs, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Shelly Winston, Division of Part D Policy, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Beejadi Mukunda, MD, Medical Director, MyCare Ohio, CareSource
- Jennifer Anadiotis, Director, Integrated Care Post-Acute Strategy, CareSource
- Alex Li, MD, Deputy Chief Medical Officer, L.A. Care Health Plan
- Misty de Lamare, Director of Communications, L.A. Care Health Plan
This webinar is intended for a wide range of stakeholders including administrators, clinical leadership, care coordinators, and case managers at health plans (including Medicare-Medicaid Plans, Dual Eligible Special Needs Plans, and managed long-term services and supports plans), as well as providers and other health care and community-based organizations who are interested in strategies related to the communication and delivery of COVID-19 vaccinations during the COVID-19 public health emergency.
 The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. 2020. Preliminary Medicare COVID-19 Data Snapshot. Retrieved from https://www.cms.gov/files/document/medicare-covid-19-data-snapshot-fact-sheet.pdf
COVID-19 Vaccination Resource Guide
Webinar Participant Responses Summary