You can view the webinar recording below. Supporting documents such as webinar slides, transcript, speaker bios, and additional resources are available to download by scrolling to the attachments section below.
This is webinar 1 of 3 in the Growing Older: Implications for People with Disabilities webinar series, part of the Professional Development Webinars focused on individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD). This module examines the physical, cognitive, and behavioral changes typical of the aging process and explores, as well, how these changes manifest for someone with an intellectual disability. The links on the right will allow you to access all other intellectual and developmental disabilities professional development courses offered through this collaboration.
- The syndrome‐specific aging issues related to people with Down syndrome, seizure disorders, Cerebral Palsy, and Fragile X syndrome;
- The effects of long-term medication use, including psychotropics and seizure medications;
- Idiosyncratic effects of common medication in aging individuals;
- Considerations for providing rehabilitation and environmental supports to help individuals age in place; and
- Developing creative and innovative ways to encourage adaptation and cooperation between practitioner and client.
The following resources have been included here for your convenience: