You can view the webinar recording below. Supporting documents such as webinar slides, transcript, speaker bios, and additional resources are available to download by scrolling to the attachments section below.
This is Module 3 of 3 in the Pharmacology and Developmental Disabilities webinar series, part of the Professional Development Webinars focused on individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD). Topics addressed include: both physical and psychiatric problems common for this population throughout their lives and deepened in their senior years; current findings in medical assessment; gender‐related health issues; epilepsy/seizure management; behavioral health management; the impact of aging on behavioral health; common mental health concerns and possible symptoms; screening for mental health, behavioral, and psychological issues; diagnosis of physical vs. mental health issues; affective disorder, substance abuse, other behavior‐related issues; Alzheimer’s dementia and other related dementias; and early dementia. The links on the right will allow you to access all other intellectual and developmental disabilities professional development courses offered through this collaboration.
By the conclusion of this session, participants will be able to:
- Describe assessment strategies for elders with developmental disabilities
- Identify the typical medications used with this population
- Generate a plan for monitoring effectiveness of medications
- Systematically assess the value of pharmacological clinical interventions for your recipients
- Create an organized response to overcome communication barriers and resistance to treatment
The following resources have been included here for your convenience: