You can view the webinar recording below. Supporting documents such as webinar slides, transcript, and additional resources are available to download by scrolling to the attachments section below.
This is the fifth webinar in the eight-part series “Strategies for the Implementation of Disability-Competent Care”.
This webinar explores the concept of consumer direction and ‘Dignity of Risk’ with the aim of providing participants with an understanding and respect of this concept. Our presenters discuss how to respect participant choice within the context of informed risk-taking and why this is important in providing care. This webinar utilizes a first-person story to investigate disability-competent care and the concept of dignity of risk within these experiences.
- Chris Duff, Disability Practice and Policy Consultant
- Adam Burrows, MD, Medical Director, Upham’s Corner PACE, Senior Medical Director, Commonwealth Care Alliance SCO
- Karen Luken, Disability and Health Consultant
Additional resources related to the webinar topic are included below:
- Reflection on the Dignity of Risk
- Managing Risk in Community Integration: Promoting the Dignity of Risk and Supporting Personal Choice
- The Arc