Family caregivers are essential for persons living with dementia, but they can often go unnoticed. In an effort to provide care and improve outcomes for persons living with dementia, efforts are underway in several healthcare settings to better engage family caregivers in the development of care plans and the delivery of care.
This webinar will define the challenges and benefits of including family caregivers as members of the healthcare team.
After this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Describe the benefits of improving family caregivers’ representation in the Electronic Health Record (EHR) of persons living with dementia
- Discuss multiple ways in which healthcare systems could better identify family caregivers in EHRs and other forms of Health IT
- Access tools care managers can use to identify, assess and support family caregivers of people with dementia within healthcare systems
- Identify policies that can be leveraged to improve caregiver identification
- Debra Cherry, Alzheimer’s Greater Los Angeles
- Alan B. Stevens, Center for Applied Health Research