Please click here to register for the webinar.
Are you researching health disparities at a minority-serving institution? Learn about an open funding opportunity from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Office of Minority Health (CMS OMH) in one of our webinars this month. CMS OMH’s Minority Research Grant Program (MRGP) recently released the 2023 notice of funding opportunity to apply for the grant. As a part of the application cycle, CMS OMH will be hosting two Application Assistance webinars as an opportunity to learn more about the funding opportunity and hear from a grant recipient.
CMS OMH would like to invite you to attend an Application Assistance webinar in June. See webinar details below:
- Session 1: Monday, June 26, 2023: 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm ET
- Featuring previous grant awardee: Dr. Flora A.M. Ukoli, Meharry Medical College – A Prostate Cancer Screening Program for Low Income African Americans
- To register: https://us06web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_XDyIULCgTAqAFf-LsvC9_Q
- Session 2: Wednesday, June 28, 2023: noon – 1 pm ET
- Featuring previous grant awardee: Dr. Veronica Ajewole, Texas Southern University – Development of predictive model and social determinants-based interventions for aggressive prostate cancer among African American males
- To register: ttps://us06web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_gXRjK7_6SHq8k3nRW9s65Q
During the webinars, you will have the opportunity to ask CMS staff questions about the grant program, learn about a previous grant recipient’s health equity research, and connect with health equity researchers from other minority serving institutions. This session will give you the opportunity to connect with previous MRGP grantees as they share valuable lessons from their published research study and MRGP grant experience.
Feel free to reach out with any questions via email or phone. To learn more about CMS OMH and the MRGP, visit https://go.cms.gov/minorityresearch, watch the MRGP overview video, or email OMHGrants@cms.hhs.gov.