In October, the CMS Innovation Center released a white paper, Driving Health System Transformation – A Strategy for the Innovation Center’s Second Decade, which details its vision for attaining a health system that achieves equitable outcomes through high-quality, affordable, patient-centered care. Additionally, today the CMS Innovation Center published an At-A-Glance with highlights from the white paper.
As part of their ongoing commitment to public-private partnership, the CMS Innovation Center invites you to join the first listening session about the Center’s strategy on Thursday, November 18 at 1:00 – 2:30 p.m., ET.
The session will feature a variety of stakeholders offering their unique perspectives on the following questions:
- What is the greatest obstacle to participating in a CMS Innovation Center or other value-based, accountable care model? How do you recommend the CMS Innovation Center alleviate this obstacle? For example, this could be related to resources, requirements, model designs or other issues/obstacles that have made it too burdensome to participate.
- What else could the CMS Innovation Center do to support clinicians and help them be successful in models? For example, this could include more timely and actionable data, learning collaboratives, and payment and regulatory flexibilities.
- How can the Innovation Center better incorporate patient needs and goals into models? How should the impacts of value-based care on patients be measured? For example, this might relate to how the CMS Innovation Center should gather input from or improve responsiveness to community needs, or other thoughts on how the Innovation Center can incorporate and measure impact on patient needs and goals.
Attendees may submit written comments during the session or via email to CMMIStrategy@cms.hhs.gov using the subject line “LISTENING SESSION #1.” Some written comments will be read aloud during the listening session; please indicate if you prefer your comments not be shared.
For more information about the CMS Innovation Center’s new strategy and the future of value-based care:
- Visit the CMS Innovation Center Strategic Direction webpage.
- Sign up for the CMS Innovation Center listserv for details on future listening sessions, model updates, and more.