You can view the webinar recording below. Supporting documents such as webinar slides, transcript, and additional resources are available to download by scrolling to the attachments section below.
This webinar is designed to help providers, health care professionals, consumers, and advocates who assist individuals with mental illness who are transitioning from one care setting to another. Providing extra support to individuals during care transitions plays an important role in reducing the chance for readmissions and improving their ability to self-manage their symptoms. The Care Transition Toolkit for Persons with Mental Health & Co-Occurring Conditions aims to guide individuals with mental health conditions – as well as those who support them – before, during, and after changing care locations or providers. This webinar addresses the needs of individuals with mental illness transitioning care settings and introduces the toolkit.
The webinar outlines the purpose of the tool, who it may help, and how it can be used to achieve better health outcomes for individuals with mental health and other co-occurring conditions who are changing care locations. It is a product of the collaboration across The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), and The Lewin Group.
- Gretchen Nye, Health Insurance Specialist, Medicare-Medicaid Coordination Office within the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Paolo Delvecchio, MSW, Director, Center for Mental Health Services (CMHS) within the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
- Michael Hoge, PhD, Department of Psychiatry, Yale University
- Erika Robbins, MA, The Lewin Group
- Betsy Dilla, BA, The Lewin Group
- Meagan Alley, MPH, The Lewin Group