Register for this webinar here.
Ensuring ready access to culturally and linguistically appropriate resources is critical for advancing health equity. In this webinar, two featured speakers will highlight their organizations’ creative solutions for providing language access services to diverse Asian populations in both community and healthcare settings. The presentations will be followed by a facilitated panel with additional experts representing Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander communities and the Plain Language Action and Information Network (PLAIN).
- CAPT. David Wong, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Office of Minority Health, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Rashmita Subedi, Public Health Analyst, Office of Minority Health, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Maria Elena Villasante, Program Director, Health Education & Advocacy Program, Asian Community and Cultural Center
- Sambo Ly, Interpreter Services Department and Refugee Health Clinic Manager, Alameda Health System
Subject Matter Experts:
- Clarysse Nunokawa, Program Manager, Kuleana Health, Community First Hawaii
- Katina Stapleton, Education Research Analyst, National Center for Education Research, PLAIN