Supporting documents such as webinar slides, transcript, and additional resources are available to download by scrolling to the attachments section below.
The sixth webinar in the series focuses on the identification and integration of behavioral health needs within DCC. The presentation explores screening for mental health needs, behavioral health concerns and chemical abuse/dependencies. Viewers will learn about the step approach to interventions and the Recovery model with its concept of resiliency.
- Andrew Jorgensen, MD, Associate Medical Director at Outer Cape Health Services
- Dikke Hansen, LICSW, Director of Behavioral Health
- Chris Duff, Disability Practice and Policy Consultant
- Understand the prevalence of behavioral health needs in the population of persons with disability
- Explore the existing disconnect between medical care and behavioral health, and the value of incorporating a strong behavioral health component to the IDT
- Understand the importance of screening for mental health needs, and the value of incorporating a stepped approach to mental health interventions
- Learn identify behavioral health concern, and having a resource to assess the needs the participants
- Learn to assess for chemical abuse and chemical dependence on an on-going basis, and to use a stepped approach to interventions
- Understand the Recovery model and the concept of resiliency as they relate behavioral health needs and supports