The American Psychiatric Association (APA) has announced a free webinar on the topic of COVID-19 and mental health. Click the links above to access the APA website, view information about the webinar, and register.
With the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, there are many who may be feeling emotional distress given the uncertainty around the impact, spread, and scope of the disease. Psychiatrists play an important role in supporting patients’ management of any psychosocial issues and responses that may arise from the disease’s impact on them, their families, and community. This free webinar will outline how psychiatrists can support patients, communicate with family members and children, and be a resource to other providers during the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Identify strategies to maintain continuity of care with patients during COVID-19
- Explain how patients enhance well-being for themselves and their family
- Discuss stress mitigation strategies with patients impacted by COVID-19
- Identify ways in which family members can communicate with children about the disease
- Provide consultation and support to members of the healthcare community
Review importance of and strategies for provider self-care and sustainment