You can view the webinar recording below. Supporting documents such as webinar slides, transcript, speaker bios, and additional resources are available to download by scrolling to the attachments section below.
This is webinar 3 of 3 in the Growing Older: Implications for People with Disabilities webinar series, part of the Professional Development Webinars focused on individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD). This webinar examines considerations for developing person‐centered supports to enable an individual with both cognitive and age‐related disabilities to remain at home. The links on the right will allow you to access all other intellectual and developmental disabilities professional development courses offered through this collaboration.
This module discusses:
- Developing a person‐centered plan to support the aging individual in his or her home of choice
- Partnering and collaborating with the person, medical professionals, and caretakers to develop a comprehensive system of supports based on the person’s physical and cognitive strengths and challenges
- Accessing resources for supports, including Olmstead, the ACA, Medicaid waivers, family members, faith‐based communities
- Facilitating assessments and evaluations to identify necessary home‐based supports
- Implementing supports within a community‐based home‐like environment
- Advocacy and person‐centered interventions with individuals to help them understand the changes they are experiencing and assisting them to develop effective personal strategies for coping with these changes
The following resources have been included here for your convenience: