Join the ACL-funded National Center on Elder Abuse (NCEA) and the Los Angeles Caregiver Resource Center (LACRC) at the USC Leonard Davis School of Gerontology for a discussion with an esteemed panel of journalists, caregivers, and practitioners to celebrate National Family Caregivers Month.
Gain insights from acclaimed journalists and caregivers who are amplifying the voices and experiences of caregivers, discover how practitioners can better integrate culturally sensitive and responsive approaches to support caregivers, and learn how to recognize signs of elder mistreatment and ways to embrace the opportunities and challenges in caregiving relationships. A Q&A session will follow the panel discussion. Automated Zoom closed captioning will be available during the webinar. For questions or additional accommodation requests, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Moderator and panelists:
- Laura Mosqueda, Director, NCEA; Professor of Family Medicine and Geriatrics, Keck School of Medicine of USC
- Donna Benton, Director, LACRC; Research Associate Professor, USC Leonard Davis School of Gerontology
- Paolina Milana, Author; Caregiver; Community Engagement Specialist, LACRC
- Lauren Pongan, National Director, Diverse Elders Coalition
- Rebecca Owl Morgan, Project Coordinator, National Indian Council on Aging
- Steve Lopez, Columnist, LA Times; Author
- Tony Luciani, Artist; Caregiver