Supporting documents such as webinar slides, transcript, and additional resources are available to download by scrolling to the attachments section below.
This webinar explores common barriers to care that are experienced by individuals with disability as well as strategies to address them. Key discussion topics include attitudinal biases, physical access, communication access, process accommodations and navigational assistance. During this presentation, webinar viewers will also understand how to identify and learn strategies to address barriers to accessing care.
- June Isaacson Kailes, Associate Director, Center for Disability and Health Policy at Western University of Health Sciences, California
- Chris Duff, Disability Practice and Policy Consultant
1. Recognizing the complexities of living with a disability and how it affects care
2. Understanding the barriers to care:
-Programmatic and Navigational Access
3. Exploration of some strategies to address barriers