You can view the webinar recording below. Supporting documents such as webinar slides, transcript, and additional resources are available to download by scrolling to the attachments section below.
This is the second webinar in the eight-part series “Strategies for the Implementation of Disability-Competent Care”.
This webinar explores the experience of living with a disability. Our presenters introduce this experience through the use of Healthcare Stories from the Disability Rights Education & Defense Fund (DREDF). Additionally, the presenters explore the five key barriers experienced by persons with disability in obtaining health care: communication, access, attitudinal, equipment, and navigation and coordination.
- Chris Duff, Disability Practice and Policy Consultant
- June Isaacson Kailes, Disability Policy Consultant, Associate Director, Center for Disability and Health Policy at Western University of Health Sciences, California
- Dennis Heaphy, Co-Founder of Disability Allies Advocating for Change Together (DAART)
Additional resources related to the webinar topic are included below:
- Disabilities, Opportunities, Internetworking, and Technology: Accessible Web Design
- Tips for Interacting with People with Disabilities
- Language is More than a Trivial Concern
- Disability Rights Education & Defense Fund: Healthcare Stories